|Benefits of Commissioning
• Commissioning delivers
“third party” validation of the completion of the
• Commissioning results provide a baseline touch-point for
system design and operation to the building staff.
• Enhanced and improved documentation is delivered to the
building staff for the installed systems.
• The Commissioning process results in a significant
reduction in “warranty call backs” for work
required from discovery of non-performing parts of systems
after initial building occupancy.
• "Studies indicate 8 to 20 percent savings can be
achieved in operating costs over a non-commissioned building
(Building Commissioning Guide, Version 2.2, GSA/DOE)."
• The energy, water and productivity savings achieved in a
properly commissioned building offset the cost of the entire
BOMA reports that Commissioning and LEED Certification
provides the following financial benefits to building
• 5 – 6% increase in
• 3 – 4% increase in occupancy rates
• Over 20% increase in resale value